The Riverwood Forest Retreat Dooars
A Sustainable Riverside Wilderness Vacay at The Riverwood Forest Retreat Dooars
The Riverwood Forest Retreat Dooars -Dooars, West Bengal, India
- 2 Nights
- within 24-hours confirmation
Discover the fascinating wilderness, nature, and culture of the heavenly floodplains of the Eastern Himalayas while relishing impeccable sustainable luxury by the pristine River Murti with a wilderness hideout at The Riverwood Forest Retreat Dooars.
within 24-hours Confirmation: Please note that the rooms are subject to availability of the pre-reserved room.
- Daily breakfast
- Daily dinner
- A pint of beer per person, once per stay
- 20% discount on food & beverage
- One Riverwood Forest Retreat experience of your choice
Escape into the tantalising wild realm of the Gorumara National Park with an eco-friendly riverside wilderness getaway at The Riverwood Forest Retreat Dooars, offering opulent rooms, oozing cuisines, thrilling activities, and bespoke experiences.
- Wake up to the mesmerising wild mornings of Dooars with daily breakfast
- Indulge in a wholesome gastronomical experience in the wild with daily dinner
- Stay refreshed during your wilderness retreat with a pint of beer per person, once during the stay
- Revel in a culinary frenzy in the wild with a 20% discount on food & beverage (applicable on à-la-carte orders and alcohol)
Choose any one activity from below once during the stay:
- Spend some memorable recreational evenings in the wild with a bonfire (winters only)
- Revel in a romantic dining experience amid the wilderness with a candlelight dinner
- Explore the heavenly nature of Dooars with a guided nature walk
- Relish a riverside excursion with a Murti river visit by battery-operated vehicle
The Location – India’s Heavenly Gateway to Bhutan
Situated in the foothills of the Eastern Himalayas between the rivers Teesta and Sankosh, the Dooars region encompasses the floodplains of North-East India, overlooking Bhutan and incorporating various cities like Darjeeling, Siliguri, and Jalpaiguri. Serving as a paradisiacal doorway to Bhutan, Dooars is dotted with majestic Himalayan mountains, dense forests, lush tea gardens, pristine rivers, and more. Being rich in diverse flora and fauna, the serene region of Dooars also comprises a myriad of National Parks and wildlife sanctuaries, including the Gorumara National Park. Amidst its vast grasslands and thick forests, the Dooars region hides a wide range of rare and renowned wildlife species, such as the Indian One Horned Rhinoceros, Indian Gaur, Leopard, Elephant, Muntjac, and more.
The Property – A Sustainable Riverside Wilderness Haven
Nestled on the edge of the Gorumara National Park along the immaculate banks of the River Murti, the Riverwood Forest Retreat Dooars provides you with a quintessential hideout in the lap of wild nature. With the implementation of various sustainable practices, including rainwater harvesting, and an artificial bird pond, the retreat maintains a perfect harmony with the surrounding nature, inviting elephants and birds to frequently visit the hideaway. While you immerse yourself in the heavenly wilderness, the retreat pampers you with eco-friendly modern luxury by featuring opulent rooms, high-end facilities, exquisite dining venues, bespoke experiences, and more.
Your Room – An Epitome of Luxe in the Wild
Premium Room - 23 sq.m : Embellished with soul-stirring decor curated using indigenous materials, the Premium Room provides you with a spacious, homely ambience to conveniently explore the celestial nature and wilderness of Dooars. While you gaze at the panoramic vistas of the forest through your airy private balcony, the air-conditioned room keeps you comfy by featuring a cosy double bed or twin beds, a lavish bathroom, a dedicated workspace, and contemporary amenities.
Your safety is of utmost priority to us. Which is why we are bringing you certified getaways to make sure your stay is safe and worry-free. Properties that tick all the boxes of our 12-point safety checklist get the Safe Getaway stamp while the rest are self-certified and follow their own set of protective measures.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed as far as feasible.
- All guests and employees are required to wear face shields/masks.
- Every staff member and guest is required to follow proper hand hygiene such as frequent washing of hands and use of alcohol-based sanitizers. Both measures are facilitated by the hotel.
- There is sufficient provision of hand sanitizers in guest rooms and public areas.
- Guests are required to provide their travel history and medical records at the time of check-in and the same has to be looked into and maintained. ID and self-declaration form is provided by each guest at the reception.
- Luggage is disinfected before being sent to the room.
- Room service or takeaway is facilitated and encouraged.
- Regular and effective sanitation within the premises is maintained with particular focus on lavatories, drinking and handwashing stations/areas.
- Frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, handrails, benches, washroom fixtures, etc. are cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis.
- Deep cleaning of all washrooms is ensured at regular intervals..
- Thermal screening of all guests and employees before they enter the property is compulsory.
- Regular staff training is initiated for maintaining social distancing norms, hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
Valid for travel from 20/10/2020 to 30/04/2021
Surcharge: No high-season surcharges apply for this deal so that you can enjoy the insider prices across the travel period!
Blackout Dates: There will be dates on which this deal will be unavailable. Dates for these have been marked on the booking calendar under blackout dates.
FABcredits: FABcredits cannot be redeemed on this deal, as the prices already have the best discounts we could offer.
Availability: Bookings are subject to availability. To confirm your dates of stay at purchase, click on 'Book Now' and select your preferred package. Use the calendar to browse and select the available dates. Dates with a surcharge and blackout dates are identified.
Change of Date: 1 change in dates is permissible at no additional charge, provided that the change is made at least 30 days before the original arrival date and provided that the hotel has availability on the newly requested dates. The final decision regarding date changes is at the sole discretion of the Hotel and the Hotel reserves the right to decline a change in dates, should availability not exist on newly requested dates.
Partial Prepayment: Partial prepayment options are available for certain deals. For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our Travel Concierge team, by Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (+919099061000).
Hotel Cancellation Policy: Any cancellation will incur a full payment. A no-show on the day of arrival will also incur charges equivalent to a full stay.
Validity: Each package is valid for two adults.
Maximum Guest Capacity: The maximum room capacity is two adults and one child (aged below 12 years) or 3 adults. See the ‘Extra Guest Policy’ and ‘Child Policy’ for more details.
Extra Guest Policy: Where applicable, an extra adult can stay at a surcharge of INR 2389 per night, with an extra bed and the inclusions available in the package, payable directly at the resort.
Child Policy: Where applicable, a child aged between 0 - 5 years may stay free of charge, a child aged between 6 - 12 years may stay at a surcharge of INR 2135 per night, these charges include an extra bed and the inclusions available in the package, payable directly to the resort.
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Checkout: 11:00 AM
Mandatory Gala dinner charge of INR 1500 per adult & INR 1000 per child applicable for stay on 31.12.20
The package cannot be split.
No connecting rooms are available.
Offer only available for consecutive nightly stays.
Dining inclusions do not include beverages (unless otherwise stated).
Menus are subject to change without notice.
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - refer to https://www.fabgetaways.com/terms-and-conditions
Angling: Fish some big catches out of the River Murti to indulge in a memorable fishing experience amidst the wilderness of Dooars with the angling activity offered by the retreat.
Bonfire: Light up the wild evenings during your stay to share intriguing stories and revel in engaging conversations with your friends with the delightful bonfire experience arranged by the retreat.
Camping: Discover the serene wilderness of Dooars more intimately by spending some time in the lap of nature with the thrilling camping experience organised by the retreat.
Cycling: Paddle around the rugged terrains of Dooars to explore its paradisiacal beauty at your pace with an enthralling cycling experience offered by the hosts at the retreat.
Indoor/Outdoor Games: Spend some unforgettable recreational moments with your friends or family by indulging in a myriad of exciting indoor and outdoor games available at the retreat.
Tribal Dance Show: Revel in fascinating indigenous cultural entertainment during your wilderness getaway in Dooars with a tribal dance show organised by the hosts.
Wildlife Movie Show: Learn more about the diverse fauna of the Dooars region during your wilderness vacay with a wildlife movie show arranged by the hosts at the retreat.
Safaris: Explore the charming flora and fauna of Dooars with various kinds of safaris organised by the hosts, including Rhino & Elephant Safari in Gorumara National Park and Tiger Safari in Jaldapara Wildlife Sanctuary.
Nature Trek: Unravel the hidden marvels and meticulous details of nature in Dooars with an adventurous nature trek arranged by the hosts in Neora Valley National Park.
Excursions: Discover the heavenly flora, fauna, and culture of the Dooars region by setting out on various trips organised by the retreat, including biking tours, photography tour, anthropological tour, birding tour, tea tour, and insect tour.
Car Rental: Travel to the farthest corners of the Dooars region to explore its nature and culture on your own with the convenient car rental service offered by the retreat.
Swimming Pool: Immerse yourself in the tantalising riverside wilderness of the Gorumara National Park in Dooars by taking a refreshing dip in the pristine pool at the sustainable retreat.
Jacuzzi: Re-energize your body after an exhausting day full of excursions, safaris, and activities by relaxing in the rejuvenating warm waters of the Jacuzzi at the retreat.
Children’s Play Area: Witness your little ones enjoy their wilderness vacay as they engage in endless recreational activities at the children’s play area of the family-friendly retreat.
Steam Room: Relieve your body of all the accumulated stress from your routine urban life by leveraging the therapeutic qualities of steam in the reinvigorating steam room at the retreat.
Library: Enlighten yourself with the vast knowledge about the wild flora, fauna, and culture of Dooars by accessing intriguing books and video resources in the retreat’s exquisite library.
Dining: The wilderness retreat engulfs you in an unparalleled culinary experience inspired by the nature of Dooars by serving a wide range of cuisines prepared using indigenous produce at its elegant dining venues.
- The Hideaway: Satiate your taste buds by relishing authentic local, Indian, and continental cuisines, inspired by nature and prepared by celebrated Chef Michael Swamy using local ingredients at the retreat’s multi-cuisine restaurant, The Hideaway.
- Hornbill Bar: Unwind by the pristine outdoor pool or Jacuzzi amidst the serene riverside wilderness of Dooars while sipping on a crisp sundowner at the retreat’s exquisite Hornbill Bar.
The Bagdogra Airport, situated 84 km (approx. 2.5 hours) away, is the closest airport to the resort. It has decent flight connectivity with regular non-stop flights available from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
You can also drive to the resort via a 3.5-hour (109 km) route from Darjeeling, a 4-hour (139 km) route from Gangtok, an 8.5-hour (415 km) route from Guwahati, an 11.5-hour (531 km) route from Patna or a 16.5-hour (631 km) route from Kolkata.
The New Mal Railway Junction is the nearest railhead, located 20 km (approx. 30 minutes) away from the resort. The railway station is well-connected to various major cities of India, including Delhi, Kolkata, Siliguri, Ranchi, and Puri.
Please select dates to view number of packages available
Prices for two adults with taxes