Bespoke heritage luxury with all-inclusive dining at Rawla Narlai, near Kumbhalgarh Fort
Rawla Narlai -Narlai, Rajasthan, India
- 2 Nights
Welcome to the ‘Land of the Maharajas’ and experience a paradisiacal property situated in the desert countryside - Rawla Narlai Heritage Resort. Nestled amidst the Aravali’s, among the world’s oldest fold-mountain ranges, this one-time ‘Hunting Manor’ of the Jodhpur Royals is now your haven for a blissful tranquillity.
This 17th century ‘Country Manor’ Rawla Narlai is a resurrected avatar of a boutique resort and caters to an exclusive clientele. Ideally located between the popular cities of Jodhpur & Udaipur—a comfortable 2 hrs ride from both—Rawla Narlai is your perfect destination for exploring the real and raw magic of rural Rajasthan. Get ready to be spoilt with Rawla Narlai’s white-gloved hospitality.
The hotel’s stepwell, an open-air below-ground reservoir, is the setting for spectacular candlelit feasts. Begin your evening with some courtyard cocktails and then an ox-cart ride to the dinner setting. Doesn’t it sound perfect?
- Daily in-suite breakfast
- Daily 3-course lunch
- Nightly rooftop dinner
- Personal butler service
- A high tea experience by the lake, once per stay
- A guided trek to Elephant hill, once per stay
- A visit to the Cave temple, once per stay
- A jeep safari experience for leopard sighting, once per stay
Rawla Narlai is one of Rajasthan’s best-loved heritage hotels. Occupying two wings: one historic, the other contemporary, each of the 32 rooms has been carefully and individually decorated. A pool, spa and lush green gardens are some of the few reasons to visit but moreover, you can explore the best of Rajasthan, including world-heritage temples and forts, lazing leopards, hiking trails and tiny villages.
- Kickstart your day with a daily in-suite buffet breakfast
- Relish your favourite delicacies with a daily 3-course continental lunch for two
- Wind up your evenings with an exquisite rooftop dinner, each night
- Get the royal treatment with personal butler service
- Immerse yourself in nature with a high tea experience by the lake, once per stay
- Embark on a jeep safari for sighting leopards & other wildlife, once per stay
- Explore the surroundings with a trek to elephant hill & a visit to the cave temple, once per stay
The location — Raw, Scenic and Picturesque
The property is located in the heart of a small town ‘Narlai’, popular for Hindu and Jain temples. The hotel lies in the shadow of Elephant Hill, a massive granite standing stone. It’s worth climbing the 700 steps to the top for a sunset panorama over lakes, fields and forests that were once a private hunting reserve for the Maharajahs of Jodhpur.
Narlai is a village in Rajasthan and is close to famous towns Ranakpur and Kumbhalgarh. Narlai’s location between Jodhpur and Udaipur makes it an ideal one or two night stop for your holiday. Located just at a short distance, explore the beauty of the Kumbhalgarh Fort, the temples of Ranakpur, Ranakpur Wildlife Sanctuary as well as the Rajsamand Lake, amongst other tourist destinations.
The hotel can arrange for sunrise or sunset walks to the summit of the hill, or walks to local villages and cave temples. The surrounding land is also home to leopards, and the hotel can arrange for jeep tours to spot the camouflaged cats. Head to Kumbhalgarh (One of the World-Heritage Site hill forts of the region, the fort has the second-largest wall in the world, after the Great Wall of China), just 44 km from the property and see it lit in the evening!
The property — Untouched, redesigned Ultra-Luxury
The ‘Rawla’ (Manor) is in ‘Narlai’ village and is surrounded by an assorted landscape offering rocky hills, lakes & forests. Once upon a time, the royals indulged in ‘shikar’ (hunting) as the ‘Rawla’ provided the perfect abode to set up camp during their sojourns. The property is popular for its wildlife. ‘Rawla Narlai’ resonates with joie de vivre that combines blue-blooded panache with rural charm & allows you to experience two diverse facets of the same culture under one roof. For example, sipping pink champagne from a 500-year-old coupe.
Ultra-luxe yet classically simple, the ‘Rawla’ is a bespoke property redesigned to compliment the aesthetics of the surroundings. ‘Rawla’ is dominated by an enormous granite rock (the size of a hill) that has temples built inside its hollow cavity and is crowned by a large white-stone elephant that stands atop its peak.
There are 32 rooms, poolside spa, restaurants and a step-well where evening drinks are served in the lamplit entrance court. You can also dine under the stars here.
Your Room — Perfect dens for true lovers of antiquity
Luxury Grand Heritage Suite - 46 sq.m - The room will surprise you as the arches framing the bed are delicately painted, original murals of a royal procession are also part of the rooms. If you are a traveller who prefers less character and more space, book your room now!
Your safety is of utmost priority to us. Which is why we are bringing you certified getaways to make sure your stay is safe and worry-free. Properties that tick all the boxes of our 12-point safety checklist get the Safe Getaway stamp while the rest are self-certified and follow their own set of protective measures.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed as far as feasible
- All guests and employees are required to wear face shields/masks.
- Every staff member and guest is required to follow proper hand hygiene such as frequent washing of hands and use of alcohol-based sanitizers. Both measures are facilitated by the hotel.
- There is sufficient provision of hand sanitizers in guest rooms and public areas.
- Guests are required to provide their travel history and medical records at the time of check-in and the same has to be looked into and maintained. ID and self-declaration form is provided by each guest at the reception.
- Luggage is disinfected before being sent to the room.
- Room service or takeaway is facilitated and encouraged.
- Regular and effective sanitation within the premises is maintained with particular focus on lavatories, drinking and handwashing stations/areas.
- Frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, handrails, benches, washroom fixtures, etc. are cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis.
- Deep cleaning of all washrooms is ensured at regular intervals.
- Thermal screening of all guests and employees before they enter the property is compulsory.
- Regular staff training is initiated for maintaining social distancing norms, hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
Valid for travel from 13/10/2020 to 31/03/2021
Surcharge: No high-season surcharges apply for this deal so that you can enjoy the insider prices across the travel period!
FABcredits: FABcredits cannot be redeemed on this deal, as the prices already have the best discounts we could offer.
Blackout Dates: There will be dates on which this deal will be unavailable. Dates for these have been marked on the booking calendar under blackout dates.
Availability: To confirm your dates of stay at purchase, click on 'Book Now' and select your preferred package. Use the calendar to browse and select available dates. Dates with a surcharge and blackout dates are identified.
Change of Date: 1 change in dates is permissible at no additional charges, provided that the change is made at least 30 days before the original arrival date and provided that the hotel has availability on the newly requested dates. The final decision regarding date changes is at the sole discretion of the Hotel and the Hotel reserves the right to decline a change in dates, should availability not exist on newly requested dates.
Partial pre-payment options are available for certain deals. For further information, please do not hesitate to contact our Travel Concierge team, by Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (+919099061000).
Hotel Cancellation Policy: All cancellations will be completely free and qualify for a 100% refund, provided it is done at least 7 days prior to the check-in date. Past that, any cancellation, including a no-show on the day of arrival, will incur a full payment.
Each package is valid for two adults.
Maximum Guest Capacity: The maximum room capacity is two adults and one child (below 12 years). See the ‘Child Policy’ for more details.
Child Policy: One child (aged between 0-8 years) may stay free of charge, using existing bedding. A child (aged between 9-12 years) can stay at a surcharge of INR 3500 per night, which includes an extra bed and breakfast, payable at the resort directly.
Check-in: 12 PM
Check-out: 12 PM
The package cannot be split.
No connecting rooms available
Offer only available for consecutive nightly stays.
Dining inclusions do not include beverages (unless otherwise stated).
Menus are subject to change without notice.
Please note that full terms and conditions apply - refer to FABgetaways.com/terms-and-conditions
Laundry, Ironing and Dry-cleaning Service: Get your clothes washed and stay stress-free. The service is available at a surcharge.
Doctor On-Call: Worried about your back pain after safari? There’s a doctor on-call to treat you right, at a surcharge.
24-hour In-Room dining: Don’t feel like going out of your room? Call for the in-room dining and be comfortable.
Airport transfers: To make your stay comfortable, the property provides airport transfers or cab facilities, at a surcharge.
Dining: Jharoka Café: It’s a bright all-day coffee shop serving a multi-cuisine menu. You can also enjoy a charming and private open-to-sky courtyard adjacent to the café that offers the ideal refuge. Enjoy some traditional Rajasthani fare, including mutton, chicken and fish. The Maharani – or Hunter – platters are also delicious. Feast on kebabs, lentils, naans, rice, and other local dishes.
J Bar: With a rustic-chic ambiance, enjoy some mixed drinks, including stiff martinis and margaritas. And for your entertainment, local musicians play live music each night.
Experiences: Rawla Narlai provides unique experiences in and around the resort, which can be booked at a surcharge.
- Dinner on the Ramparts: Soak in the bird-eye view of the ‘Rawla’ in its lit up glory & their ‘mascot’, the Elephant Hill while you have your meal under the stars.
- Mystical Dinner at the Step Well: Step away from the ‘orthodox dining’ & get ready for an out-of-this-world gourmet experience — an evening at the re-excavated 18th century stone step-well or ‘Baoli’. Spend your evening surrounded by art, culture & history. With a lush mango grove and hundreds of brass lanterns & traditional lights illuminating the step-well. To make your evening even more spellbinding, enjoy some folk songs by the local ascetic sitting within the step-well that will transport you into a happy trance.
- Tea by the Lake: Soak in the view of still water and hills while you sip on your hot cup of tea.
- Countryside Jeep Safari: Enjoy a guided safari in an open jeep and explore the colorful village life including the temples and agriculture.
- Leopard Sighting: Enjoy your evening with some tea and snacks and get a chance to sight some leopards around Narlai.
- Marwari Horse riding: Ride around Narlai on a horse at your pace!
- Train Safari: Hop on that train and enjoy a historic ride through Aravali mountains.
- Sunrise Breakfast with wildlife: Enjoy a scrumptious spread of breakfast on a jeep bonnet while you look at the beautiful sunrise amidst the mountains.
- Village Walk: Complimentary guided village walk is something you should definitely try. You can also plant a tree and be a part of Rawla Narlai’s conservation project.
- Trekking: Book 24 hours prior and go on a trek in the forest and tribal area.
- Jungle Lunch: Enjoy the lush green surrounding and have a delicious meal.
- Barbeque Meal: A one-of-its-kind experience offered at Rawla Narlai.
- Camp Fire Dinner: Enjoy stunning sunset while the staff prepares food on an open fire surrounded by oil lamps and candles.
Spa: The Narlai Spa will rejuvenate your senses and calm you to the core.
The Rawla Pool - Should you prefer a more aqua oriented ‘cool-off’, take a swim in the property’s outdoor pool which is a temptation hard to resist.
Horse Riding, Countryside Safari, Village Walk, Trekking, Train Safari and much more available, at a surcharge. Travel desk at the property will help you organize your activities.
Rawla Narlai is a three-hour drive from both Udaipur and Jodhpur airports, and airport transfers can be arranged, at a surcharge. Both airports offer numerous domestic connections, including to Mumbai and Delhi.
The nearest railway station to Narlai is Falna railway station and is just 45 km away. You can hire a taxi for a convenient travel to Narlai from here.
Narlai is well connected by road and is well linked toward the other target destinations of the Rajasthan state through the well-organized network the Rajasthan state transport company. It is situated about 138 km from Udaipur, 379 km from Ahmedabad, 337 km from Jaipur and 131 km from Jodhpur.
Please select dates to view number of packages available
Prices for two adults with taxes